Dr Vanessa Manitta
MBBS (Hons) Monash University, FRACP, FRCPA, B.Sc. Monash University
Reservoir Private Hospital
PH: 03 9460 8855
Dr. Vanessa Manitta is a general haematologist with experience in the diagnosis and management of a wide range of non-malignant and malignant blood disorders as well as providing advice on abnormal haematological investigations.
- Haemostasis and thrombosis, including advice and management thrombosis, bleeding disorders, anticoagulation and thrombophilia testing
- Perioperative anticoagulation and anaemia
- Antenatal & Obstetric haematology, including prenatal counselling and investigation of thalassemia/haemoglobinopathy
- Investigation of iron overload/Haemochromatosis
- Investigation and management of chronic malignant disorders such as myeloproliferative neoplasms, CLL (chronic lymphocytic leukaemia) etc.
Dr. Vanessa Manitta is of Italian background and completed her medical degree with honours at Monash University in 2002. She completed her dual fellowship in clinical and laboratory haematology at various tertiary institutions throughout Melbourne, including The Alfred hospital, St. Vincent’s hospital and the Northern hospital. She completed her laboratory training at St John of God pathology in Geelong.
Dr. Vanessa Manitta also practices as a consultant haematologist at the Northern Hospital, Epping. In particular, she is involved in the thrombosis and general haematology clinics and thrombosis research unit. In addition, she works as a laboratory haematologist at the Northern hospital.