Ncert Eng., Cert IV Fitness, Bsc (hon) App Sci, MNut APD AN
Reservoir Private Hospital
PH: 03 9460 8855
Mike O'Sullivan, is an Accredited Practicing Dietitian, Accredited Nutritionist and Personal Trainer. Originally from Ireland and has been living permanently in Australia for over 5 years.
Mike has a BSc in Food Science & Technology, BSc (Honours) in Applied Bio-sciences and a MSc in Dietetics from Deakin University. Further study was completed in fitness - Cert IV Fitness. Mike’s Dietetic experience has been mainly in Central Qld public health as a community dietitian but also in private practice and corporate health. Areas of experience are quite varied, such as; out-patient clinics (public/private practice), rural hospital in-patients, aged care facilities, indigenous communities, gyms, health promotion projects, youth mental health (Headspace), corporate health coaching.
Mike’s main areas of interest are weight management, chronic disease management (diabetes, CVD, OA, COPD, obesity, hypertension) and gastrointestinal disorders but through rural roles has experience across a very wide range of nutrition related health issue (full list of conditions are below).
Mike is very happy to accept any referral through the EPC/CDM program as well as private referrals and looks forward to helping you improve the health and lifestyle of your patients. Mike likes to not only provide nutrition advice but has a particular focus on trying to motivate and change behaviour which comes from his coaching background.
List of conditions:
- Diabetes- Type 1, Type 2 and Gestational diabetes
- Heart disease -High cholesterol and high blood pressure
- Fluid retention
- Gastrointestinal disorders- Food intolerances, Coeliac disease, Crohn’s disease, Ulcerative colitis, Diverticulitis, Reflux disease (GORD) and Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Enteral nutrition- PEG, PEJ, NGT and NJT
- Weight loss
- Weight gain- Unintentional weight loss and malnutrition
- Kidney disease and nutrition care post-transplant
- Liver disease
- Vitamin and mineral deficiencies
On a more personal note, Mike is a keen sportsman particularly soccer, tennis, AFL and rugby union; the first two he plays and the others he just follows. Mike has travelled quite a bit and likes to experience different cultures and learn about them.